Tuesday 18 December 2007

ON THE WAY TO MUMBAI




Well here I am back in Hampi! I decided it was cheaper to travel by land and stay in one of my favorite places for three nights in one of the better Bamboo huts....drink Mango lassi and eat till my hearts content (curry) Than fly from Chennai up to Mumbia the day before my international flight. Ok this does consist of a 20 hour train journey, which I'm pleased to say I have completed! That in itself was quite an adventure as the 2nd class sleeper seat I had booked was wait list, being 89 on the wait list held me little hope of getting on but being a white single female traveler did! Still that was to be sat for 8 hours in a PACKED unreserved carriage which should seat maybe about 80 but had at least 150 people in. Needless to say my bladder control is at it's highest! Added to the 8 hours of no movement, knee cramp and a thrist quench that would have drained a camle but for fear of loosing my hightened bladder control I withheld, I had a Muslim family pretty much sitting on my knee. I have learnt very quickly to say I am married or at least with partner,as it would not take long to be introduced to some Indian on the train that readily needed a wife (or another)

So here I am having a few days to myself before I return to the UK and after my last stint at the Orphanage. I was sad to leave, the children really did touch a soft spot and will hold such a special place in my heart. I have some great pictures to show for those that are interested and of course many stories to tell.

When I look back at this blog it only seems like yesterday when I was sat in my room one week before I was due to fly and here I am 4 days before I return. SO yes I am making the most of every minute. I would love to be able to type and tell you what changes it has made to me but I am feeling like I am still caught up in it all at the moment and it won't be until I return that I will be able to really reflect on what I have experienced since Oct. I have seen so much and as I am still keeping my wits about me for the rest of my travel up to Mumbai, I don't seem to be in the reflective frame just yet.

It has been a true experience and one I would not change for the world....

Right well I'm off up one of the mountains now to watch the sunset over Hampi, a truly magical place and incrediably breath taking, it is like being in the film set of Indiana Jones and the temple of HAMPI!!

I will write again......

Big love and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

Tony said...

Base to bladder control, glad to hear that eagle has landed in Hampi. Enjoy the peace and warmth. Can't wait to see pictures and hear tales. LUD&M xxx

Pam said...

Hey hun,

How are you? I am soooo sorry - I hadnt realised you could send a message until now and you are coming home in a few days!! Typical!

It sounds like you have had a wonderful experience and you have given so much selfless time and love to children who really need it.

Sorry to hear about the lice and rice, but looking forward to hearing all of your tales!!

Cant wait to see you Sat night. I think Tiger is going to be a shock to the system!! he he!

Lots of love and travel safely home. Pam xxx